Adequate attic insulation plays a vital role when it comes to saving home energy and monthly bills. Attic insulation plays a huge role in limiting the entry of hot air into the house from the outside. This, in turn, allows the cool air to remain inside allowing us to have a pleasant ambiance. The problem arises when people ignore to insulate the attic of their homes leading to unbearable temperatures which later forces over-consumption of energy.
The advantages of attic insulation come into picture when done correctly leads to saving on energy consumption allowing to save on monthly energy bills. Let’s focus on some of the benefits of adequate attic insulation.
- The integrity and longevity of the roof gets preserved.
- The air quality inside the home gets improved.
- You don’t need to spend money on repairing or replacing of the roof.
- During cold winters, ice dam formation is prevented.
- Colling and heating systems lifespan is improved.
With benefits, let’s focus on the different types of attic insulation.
- Cellulose Insulation – If your house has unfinished floors then cellulose insulation works wonders. Using this type of insulation helps to fill the gaps on the floors.
- Fiberglass Insulation – This type of insulation works wonders on the spaces between the wall studs and floor joints. This is done with the help of rolls and sheets based on the size. The sheet is cut based on the size with the help of a sharp knife which later on enters the spaces.
You may also buy insulation batts for your attic.