Organic and non-organic foods are known to be one of the most popular types considered by many people. Due to their popularity, it becomes difficult to choose the correct one. In order to make it simpler and easier to understand, let’s talk about some of the differences between these popular foods.
- Non-Organic Food –Non-organic food relies heavily on chemicals such as the likes of herbicides, pesticides, insecticides in large quantity. Furthermore, these chemicals help to get rid of pests, weeds, insects etc.
- Organic Food – Organic food relies heavily on natural fertilizers such as manure and compost rather than the chemicals used on non-organic food. There’s no doubt that organic food does require chemicals that are used on non-organic food however, the quantity is little. Furthermore, the use of birds, traps and insects helps in getting rid of the pest’s presence. Some of the methods used for growing organic food include mulching, crop rotation, hand wedding and tilling.
Some Advantages of organic food over non-organic food.
- The soil is known to remain in fertile condition for longer duration due to the use of natural compounds and not chemicals.
- Conservation of energy, saving water, emission of less pollutants to the atmosphere can be achieved via organic farming technique.
- Organic food receives their boost of flavor along with health benefits due to the presence of essential nutrients and vitamins.
- Animals play a huge role in the production of organic food where they are allowed to grow naturally.
Therefore, it is best to prefer organic food in Brisbane.