Freezing up okra isn't quite as simple as washing it. There's a suitable means to freeze okras. There are appropriate steps on freezing okra so that that it doesn't rust easily. You can enjoy okras for as much as eight weeks in the freezer if you do it correctly. Frozen okras may also last up to over ten weeks if you place them inside a freezer.
Frozen okra is a superb ingredient to keep in your house. It takes minimal to no work to freeze them. Okra is a vegetable that should absolutely be a part of your diet. There are various methods to cook frozen okra and is loved by many people. You can get okra vegetable via browsing the web.
Image Source: Google
The materials you'll need to freeze okras are:
- 1. pods of okras
- 2. Pot
- 6. Ziplock bags
1. Step one about the best way to freeze okra is to pick the new okra. You may be aware it is fresh if it's soft and green. Opt for the okra with no holes. Be sure that it doesn't have some brown spots too.
2. The next step on freezing okra would be to set it in the strainer when cleaning it with water which ought to be lukewarm. The following step is dividing the bigger pods as well as the larger pods. The tiny pods are somewhat bigger than four inches and also the larger pods are the ones that have a span of over four inches.
3. The next step is cutting its stalks at the tip using the knife. Do this measure with the pods. Be certain you cut only the stalks and not the vegetable.
4. The next step is placing the smaller pods in the pan or pot to boil. Let it boil for 3 minutes. Prepare the larger pods for boiling. Boil them for 3 minutes then remove them from the water and allow them to cool for over four minutes.
5. The final step in freezing okras is placing the okras in the strainer so that the excess water drains.
This way, you can easily freeze your okra vegetable.